
What kind of lifestyle are you leading? Luxurious? Simple? Casual?
Ever since I started working and getting my paycheck every month, "Shopping" seems to be a habit for me. No planning, no researching before I shop.....I just go with my instincts. As times goes by, things started to stock-up in my closet and I started to feel bad about wasting money on the things that I don't really want. Lately, I've been looking into a lifestyle which is totally different than my own for the past 3x years. It's called Minimalism.
"Minimalism is a style in art, design and theatre that uses the smallest range of materials and colours possible, and only very simple shapes or forms." (Cambridge Dictionary)
"Minimalism is a way of life, a pared-down existence, BUT with a difference. Minimalism, as a life-style, has as a basic precept: aesthetics. Possessions are chosen because they function well and look good. Outwardly they are simple, elegant, free of clutter, and understated. This also applies to our environments, our food, our clothes etc. "
Minimalism doesn't mean I have to live my life as a nun. It's different than living in a "Simplicity" lifestyle which one consciously choose to minimize the pursuit of wealth and consumption. Minimalism still allows me to buy things I "need" but before getting the money out of my pocket, I need to know which items is the best for me and it must be with high quality which allows me to use or keep for a long time.
Can I apply this concept to my wedding? The clothes I wear? The food I consume? My relationship with others? How about my thoughts?

