CafeMom Tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

2006-04-11

Tramway


Ever since I was a kid, I loved trams. I used to live in North Point and I took the tram to schools every day. Even on weekends, I would take a long tram ride from Shaukeiwan to Kennedy Town. I think it's amazing to ride on something which has over 100 years' history.

Imagine you're on a tram in Central, with all the buses and people rushing by on the road but you're kinda crawling on the tramway with no rush at all....it's a great feeling!! I also fell in love with the tram's appearance....the green colour coating and wooden seats with big windows.... wonderful!

My favourite tram is the no.120 tram. It has the 1950's double-deck design with wooden window frames.....hope they'll keep it forever. Some years ago, they had this so called "new style" tram....Man! I hated them....I'm glad they don't replace the old ones. ..Also I still insist in putting the $2 fare in the box rather than using the octopus...it just ruin the whole journey.