CafeMom Tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

2006-09-22

Alone in the office...


Here I am, alone in the office at 10:50 am. It's quiet and relaxing here this morning...bosses not around and my collegue is out running errands. I enjoy this quietness very much. I can't recall when's the last time I was alone in a place where I could sit down and wrote whatever that came to my mind...it must be a long time ago...

As I look at this tiny desk of mine, I can see some little things that keep me accompanied everyday at work. Here on my left is a "Flip Flap plant" which is a gift given by my ex collegue last Christmas. The leaves keep flipping and flapping under the sunlight. Even it's just a fake plant, it reminds me that life goes on if I keep looking towards the bright side of it. Then on my right is a real plant, a heart shaped plant which was given by him. When I look at it eveyday, it reminds me of his love for me. I dont' know if it will grow bigger or not but I'll keep giving it the nourishment it needs and enjoy the process of taking care of it.

It's been more than a year since I started working in this office. I can't say that it's been all great working here but one thing I'm sure is that I have experienced so much and have met so many different people from this job. I don't know how many pages still left for this chapter but it has been an exciting and rewarding one indeed.

Now at 11:15am, my collegue just came back...and it marks the end of this wonderful quiet moment of mine...though it's short, it's good enough for me.